Thursday, August 6, 2015

a star

Just the sketch of a star. Why? Well I am glad you asked. There are a few different verses/passages that I have really clung to, Romans 4 and Psalm 8:3-4. These have definitely been huge to me and God has used them and continues to use them to teach me more of what it means to follow Christ.

Psalm 8:3-4
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?

God, I look up at what You have made. The majesty and glory of everything you have created before me and who am I that You would care for me... But the point is that He does, immensely.

Romans 4 recounts a nice portion of the life of Abraham. If you haven't read about him in a while (or ever) you should. Because he is legit. The initial story of his life is found in Genesis and he gets a good mention in Hebrews 11 as well, but Romans 4 encompasses a lot of his story and its meaning. Quick re-cap: Abraham is getting really old as is his wife and they don't have any children. But God promises that they will have a child. Lots of things happen around this but the main focal point is a promise from God and He promises by saying that his children will be as numerous as the stars in the sky. Now hang with me, it's all about a promise. Even now, everyday, Christians live for a promise and that's Christ and forever living with Him. I live holding on and knowing that one day every single  thing in my life will be worth it when I see His face. Not alright, not tolerable, not bearable, but entirely worth it. Abraham lived by faith. He walked by faith not knowing where he was going but relying on God knowing that He Who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23)

"Walk in the footsteps of faith... (God) gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist. In hope he (Abraham) believed against hope... No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what He had promised." (excerpt from Romans 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment