Sunday, November 16, 2014

Father Heart of God

Father Heart of God week
*Disclaimer - the things that are in quotes from God are feelings/impressions that I got while reading. But this is what I learned...

“God, where were you?” “God, why did this happen to me?” “God, how does Your character play into my story?”

Jeremiah 31:3- The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”

Isaiah 43:1 - But now, this is what the LORD says - He Who created you, Jacob, He Who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.”

In the midst of these questions, I was given those two verses. I was created with purpose. I was formed by His hand, flawless. I am not to fear because His perfect love has cast out fear. He has redeemed me, He has bought me with a price, and I am new. He summoned me, by name, intentionally. I am His and He wants me. His love never abandons me.

Where were you? Crying beside you.
Why did this happen? It has been redeemed.
How does Your character play into my story? I am good. I am drawing you to Myself.

A friend came up to me and told me to read through the story of Esther. My initial thought was, “Esther, the cliche story of commoner becoming Queen, saving the people…” But I listened and later read through the story again for the who knows how-many times asking the Lord to show me something new even though my mind said it’s just the same story.

I didn’t even get through the first chapter before the Lord began to speak to me. Now the first chapter of Esther is talking about the King and him throwing a big party and then later calling for his queen, Vashti, to come out and she refused. So the king banished her and then began to search for a replacement. I always just assumed that this was in there to simply set the stage for  Esther and her story. But this is what the Lord decided to use to speak to me.

He said, “Grace, you are not Vashti. You’re not banished. You are never going to be replaced. I have given you desires to be different. I am drawing you to Myself with love and kindness. I am never letting go. You don't have to live in fear of being cast away.”

Then later in Chapter 2, Esther is brought before the king. After initially being brought before him  it says in verse 14 that “She would not go in to the King again, unless the king delighted in her and she was summoned by name.” This brought me back to the verse in Isaiah. The Lord has summoned me by name! Why? In this verse in Esther it says the king summoned her by name because he delighted in her.

“Grace, I chose you. I’m not going to banish you. You have so much purpose. I chose you by name, because I delight in you.”

Esther later goes to the King in boldness even though it could cost her her life. But because the king loved and delighted in Esther when she entered the court room he extended out his scepter to show that he gives mercy. The Lord loves us so much that He extended Christ to us. This breaking down every wall. So God, how does Your character play into my story? You’re redemptive. You are merciful. And because of this, amidst my mess and questions you called me. You chose me. I know that in You I will never be rejected. You are the Rock that I can cling to and that will never let go even when all else does.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.”


No comments:

Post a Comment