Saturday, October 16, 2010

F.E.E.T.

I always wondered why feet are so special. Don't get me wrong I love feet. I don't know what I would do without them. But they are stinky, smelly, dirty (a lot of the time), and yes sometimes even hairy. I remember distinctly almost 2 years ago I was at a retreat for 6th graders that were moving up to youth. (for church) We ran around outside and played a lot of games and we were all really nasty. Then one of the leaders made an announcement. "Let' play foot games!" (remember we were all nasty especially our feet.) We all slipped some socks on. And the object of the game was to be the last one with socks on. (so take everybody else's socks off.) Half the group took themselves out because they didn't want to be around the nasty feet. Another memory I have was a little over a month ago when I was on the mission trip we talked about washing the disciples feet. Jesus (played by Colt) washed a couple of the kids feet to show humility. (Some pretty nasty feet too...) The next day I was the tree in Zacchaeus. Ms. Becky told Paul that her plan was to put a kid on my shoulder to play Zacchaeus. Paul said, "Are you sure? Because the kid's feet will get dirt on you." Ya see people don't like being around feet usually. Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" We may not like feet but God made our feet to be beautiful! When we GO and tell others the good news of God's grace our feet are beautiful because we are using them the way God wants us to. God's plan truly is BEAUTIFUL. Now make your feet beautiful!! :)

In love with Him,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment